FAQ & POSTING GUIDELINES.
It is a challenge community for mixes of the likes of what 20in20s are for graphics. What we mean is that sign ups will open a few days before the start of the month, you pick a claim if one is required for the challenge, then you will have twenty days to make a mix that fits the monthly prompt/category. Voting eventually ensues. As mix making involves both cover artwork and song selection, voting will be held on both accounts.
How does waywardmixes work?
+ Signs ups will open up anywhere from a few days before to the first of the month. This will vary depending on the challenge.
+ Challenges start on the first of the month.
+ You will be given a theme or prompt which you must use to produce your mix.
+ Claims will be needed for certain challenges, but not all of them. If so they will be indicated in the sign up post.
+ Entries are due by the 20th of the month.
+ Must be made for each challenge.
+ If you have a WIP that fits the criteria, we won't say no as long as no part of the mix has been previously posted.
+ Each mix must have a minimum of 8 tracks, cover and back artwork and a track list. Lyrics are highly encouraged as they make voting on song choice a lot easier.
+ Some way of listening to your creation must be present. This can be, but is not limited to: zips, youtube playlists, spotify. Refer to the posting guidelines.
+ They must adhere to the posting guidelines to be eligible for voting.
+ Animated mix artwork is not allowed.
+ Will be open for 10 days, or until all those participating/watching have voted.
+ There will be one voting post for song choices and one for artwork.
+ Do not vote for yourself.
+ Please listen to the the mixes before voting.
+ Give each mix a fair shot on both criteria. Do not simply vote for your favourite paring, character or show.
+ 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Special Category and Mod's Choice will be given.
Don't worry, we'll remind you of the challenge/voting rules in the sign up and voting posts.
What can I make mixes for?
Anything! As long as it fits the challenge, television, movies, comic books, television, books, etc are all fair game. Some challenges by nature may exclude certain of these categories, but unless otherwise indicated... make one for anything :D
I don't feel comfortable sharing music on the internet. Do I have to add a zip/rar file for my mix?
No you do not. This is addressed more thoroughly in the Posting Guidlines. Whatever format you feel comfortable with is good, however it must conform to guidelines.
Real life caught up with me; I did not have enough time to finish my mix.
That is fine, but please let us know beforehand so we are not waiting on your entry. We won't bite, we promise. ;)
Aww, I missed the sign ups. Can I still participate?
Sign ups won't be closing unless we reach a certain number of participates. However, you do not get extra time if you sign up late, so keep that in mind when doing so.
I have a super interesting prompt idea and I want to tell you about it!
Please do. You can submit it to the theme suggestion post here.
What's the stance on spoilers?
Any spoilers for episodes of shows aired in the past week must be warned for and put under a cut. The same goes for spoilers about films not yet released on DVD and books that have been out for less than a month. If you're unsure, please don't hesitate to ask.
Can my comm affiliate with yours?
Sure! Just comment to our affiliate post, and we'll let you know.
I still have a question about something not addressed here.
Ask away in the comments. One of the mods; either etacanis or hbics will be by shortly to answer your questions.
These guidelines must be followed when posting or cross-posting to this community.
The following should be present above the link to your post or lj-cut.
Subject line should look like this:
Round #; Fandom - Subject
Round 01; Supernatural - Jo Harvelle
Round 01; X-Men: First Class - Charles/Erik
(these are also good examples of how to format the portion of your post below the cut/link)
You do not need to do put the title in the subject line, as you will be putting it in the post.
The following text should be present:
followed by the cover artwork. We recommend you resize it to 250x250, but otherwise we aren't too picky about how you format your post. :)
The following should be posted below the lj-cut or in your entry post.
- Cover and back artwork must be present. We don't really care what size as long as it's not too large or too small. Use your judgment.
- A tracklist must be included in your post, along with a link to your mix [see below].
- Lyrics are encouraged.
- You need to post a short blurb or description of your character within your post. This is to ease the voting process and so those not familiar with the fandom can better understand your mix.
The mix itself.
.zip/.rar files or individual tracks
- Try to avoid M4Ps and WAV files. Certain programs have an inability to read WAV files and M4Ps are protected and thus inaccessible.
- We ask that you preface any download link with http://anonym.to/? (for example; http://anonym.to/?http://youtube.com/). This is a precaution to ensure link longevity and the safety of the community. [ETA: There are currently some issues being had with anonym.to links. More information and alternatives can be found here.]
- There's a handy tutorial post [HERE] if this is the route you are going.
Mediafire, Sendspace, 4Shared & Box are all websites regularly used for hosting mixes.
If you do not wish to upload your mix, there are other options, such as youtube and spotify.
- You may either make a youtube playlist (tutorial here), or post individual song links.
- If a song in your mix isn't on youtube; please provide an alternate way of finding the song. This can be the artists' site, myspace, etc.
- If you wish to use Spotify, simply make a playlist for your mix and share a link to it.
These are just the ways we know of uploading mixes to be accessible. If you know of another and would like to share, comment and it will be added to the post.